Date(s) - 02/29/2020
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
It’s time for cool fun on a winter’s day at Northerly Island. Here’s the scoop from the Chicago Park District:
Explore Northerly Island and come face-to-face with live animals, engage in winter activities, and create nature-inspired crafts. See the full list of activities below. Dress for the weather as events take place both outdoors and inside the visitor center.
Take part in the following activities at Polar Adventure Days:
- Tour the new Northerly Island Natural Area
- See Siberian huskies, wolves, and other live animals
- Encounter birds of prey from Flint Creek Wildlife Rehabilitation
- Explore the island on snowshoes (if there’s snow)
- Make nature-inspired winter crafts
- Sip hot cocoa while strolling across the prairie
Raffle prizes and giveaways provided by Coca-Cola
Northerly Island is located at 1521 S. Linn White Drive, on the Museum Campus
Limited parking is available for $3, cash only, during Polar Adventure Days.
Activities are subject to change.
For more information, call (312) 742-PLAY(7529).