Where can a kid learn to code in Chicago? We’ve got 10 great options plus a few bonus ideas! These days it’s not hard to find coding classes for kids. There are plenty of options for afterschool and weekend options around the Chicago metro area. Coding, or computer programming classes and workshops not only strengthen your child’s logic skills, but help build some of the most useful, lucrative job skills around.
Your child can use their newfound knowledge to create games, Minecraft mods, and apps. They might even build and program robots, create animated shorts, and more. Coding can be a creative pursuit as well as a practical one. What will your child do with the power of code?
We’re bringing you this guide thanks for our sponsor, Digital Adventures, which has locations in the city and suburbs to help your child learn to code and build a range of 21st-century skills.
10 Best Coding Classes for Kids around Chicago
4. Code Play Learn Minecraft modding, Roblox, Lego Robotics, LittleBits engineering and more. Oak Park
5. Coder Dojo See We All Code
6. Coder School Programs for students at all skill levels in a broad array of languages. Highland Park
7. Codinu Python, Scratch, App development and more. Naperville
9. Power Up Tech Academy Weekly coding classes throughout the year to gradually build skills and confidence in technology. Chicago
10. Sylvan Learning Various locations around the metro area.
Remember that park districts are about more than physical fitness. Look for coding classes in your seasonal guide.
Free Coding Workshops for Kids
Tech Girlz Workshops (typically free) on coding and tech topics just for girls. Chicago
We All Code Hands-on coding workshops (often free) for kids ages 7-17 in several different programming languages. Chicago
Also, look for free learn-to-code options at your public library. Your closest Apple or Microsoft store might hold free workshops, too.
Don’t miss our Winter Break, Spring Break and Summer Camp Guides for even more options! Don’t miss our event calendar and be sure to join our newsletter to receive an awesome roundup of news and events twice a month.